Thursday, February 23, 2012

Alone.

Masterpiece in the making
Alone. That's the word for it. Yes i am Alone on this desolate oasis of land. I think it must have been at least a year now. I don't remember how i got here.I don’t even remember my name. All i remember is waking up after being unconscious on a raft for several days. I do know however something took me here. I couldn't have just been carried here by the wind there had to be something that knew i was in trouble. I was thankful for it at first but now i can safely say i regret it. This island is deserted with only me to inhabit it there aren't even any animals which i find strange with all the fruit and lakes on this bountiful land. I do know however that there is one thing lurking, watching me in the shadows. I have been having nightmares about it ever since i got here and its the same dream over and over. I am running down a dark path my feet moving on  their own. I'm being chased by something i stop to turn around, and nothing is there just pure pitch black.Something was surely there though. I don't know where it went but then I'm freezing and my whole body becomes numb and i can't move and that’s when i hear them the voices of the dead around me whispering things to me things i couldn't even imagine in the deepest of my thoughts now my final moments begin and before the dream ends i am surrounded by “them” and even though i only see them for a moment i know who they are they’re the past inhabitants of this island the people who were killed in the most horrific ways I don’t know how they ended up like this but inside i feel both sorry for them, and fear them. All i know is I don’t want to end up like them I don’t know what is going on but this recurring dream means something and I have to find out or die trying. Then I wake up in a cold sweat, terrified,trembling, and staring into the bright,blue sky. Today is a new day and i think i will try to explore and figure out what is clouding my every thought and movement in my mind and body. Something has to be here waiting to help me or destroy me and I have to find out before its too late.I began to pack things onto my small wooden raft with a slim long leaf tied to the edge so i could drag it along i did this slowly in fear something might find me and hurt me before this journey even began but as I gradually quickened I eventually finished ready to set out. I have packed food,water,a large stick in case anything came after me,and a grass made pillow (i took pride in having made this). I set off on my journey every movement taking in my surroundings although, i had been in these parts before i still had a feeling something malicious was after me. After a few hours i made it to an unknown area i had never been before there was still a massive area of the island to explore but i thought i was making pretty good time for how slow my mind made it feel like i was going. I have still yet to see any kind of life other than the usual gloomy feeling of darkness around me. I now know that my mind is set on getting this thing away from me it has a hold on my life that only i can get rid of and i know it. As i made it farther out into the forest i approached some kind of ruins that looked like they were destroyed long ago by something fearsome. I picked up my stick and proceeded to get closer to these ruins. Almost instantaneously my body was flooded with a sense of overpowering fear. I felt like i was being ripped apart and i was in so much pain my body had gone numb. I stumbled backwards away writhing in pain as my whole body could no longer feel anything. I lay there on the ground in utter shock for what i had just gone through. I didn’t want to go anywhere near these ruins again but i manned up and pulled out the courage i had inside to try and make it past the entrance. If something was on this island it was surely inside these ruins and i wasn’t going to wimp out now. I picked up my stick and ran to the entrance. Yet again, My body was in extreme pain i didn’t think i could do it but i used my stick as a cane as i stumbled blindly past the entryway i didn’t think i would last much longer if i didn’t make it past this doorway I finally threw myself with all my draining strength past the doorway towards the inside of these ruins. The moment i made it past the door my body felt like a glowing source of life. The pain was completely gone and i felt like i was new. I looked around the ruins to see not much but crumbled walls and an altar.  I approached this altar with caution and ran my hand over the surface. It was smooth yet it had jagged edges sharp enough to cut with the slightest of touch.  In the center of this altar was a small blue orb with the radiant color of the blue sky i tried to touch it but when i touched my finger to it felt like it was being absorbed into me. I was trying to run away but i couldn’t it felt like i was being sucked in i finally made it away staring at the empty altar. Something had definitely changed inside of me my body was lighter i felt like i could conquer anything that came my way.I then began to realize i had just traveled back to my starting point on this island. I must be going crazy. Yea I've been here and I’m probably going insane.... Or maybe not. Something is wrong and i must figure this out. A few moments later i find I’m back at the ruins i feel like i just walked from the ruins to my camp and back to the ruins in a matter of mere seconds. I think my body may have absorbed something from that orb gave shelter to some kind of power meant for nobody. I hope i can use this to my advantage if i do i might be able to escape i have to try, just an attempt to get away from this insanity.

1 comment:

  1. I am a college student majoring in Digital Media.
    It's very apparent that you like to write! you put a lot of feeling and ideas into your work.
    The cursive font you use in some of your work is hard to read. It looks nice, but at it's size it becomes difficult to read. Alone is definitely a readable piece. great job!

    ReplyDelete