Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hunger Games Movie Review

The hunger games movie. I was excited to see it espicially since i loved the book. I just kind of brushed off people saying the movie wasnt going to be as good as the book, but i thought it fell just short of being as good as it. In my opinion they left out maybe one or two key details. For example they didn't have the avox girl which i was sure they would have but it didn't take much away from the movie too much. I think this movie could have been alot worse than the book seeing as how most movies are. Although whenever i see a movie from a book i usually still like the movie just because i always have. I'm just not to much of a critic i guess. Another example is how the dogs in the movie weren't the other tributes and they were ran on four legs unlike the muttations in the book which kind of disappointed me since that was probably one of my top three favorite parts.I liked how the characters were portrayed because they were almost exactly to my thoughts of how they looked in the book (except for rue she was a little bit bigger than i imagined). The plot was great i couldn't tell really any differences from the movie. Out of 10 i would give this movie a 8.7 I thought about the point score and i would say the district 11 rebellion was -.2 the final cornucopia scene -.5 thresh banging clove on the table instead of hitting with a rock -.1 the dogs instead of muttations -.3 and the avox girl being left out - .2 Totaling to 8.7

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I LOVE The Hunger Games!!! I really enjoyed the movie (I would've given it a 9.1). The biggest thing that I saw they missed, was the character Madge; I mean she was pretty important (SHE was supposed to give Katniss the mockingjay pin!!!). I actually thought that Rue was quite perfect; I am a big crier when it comes to movies, so I definitely bawled during that part.(: Haha, well great blog! You can really tell how much effort and work goes into it, and that's awesome! Keep it up! Check out my blog if you want to!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude I agree, and how they left out Madge, the mayors daughter, who is one of kind of Katnis's friend in the second book. Come see my blog at http://theteenblog768.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete